Looking for the best keto low carb tortillas? On a keto meal plan you can have ground beef, the sour cream, guacamole, but what's a taco without a shell?
These are thicker and have more flavor than almond flour tortillas. With this recipe you can enjoy the perfect keto friendly taco.
The base of these low carb tortillas is pork rinds. We used the Hot n Spicy flavor to add a little heat, which if you are a fan of super spicy food you'll have to add more seasoning to the batter, because once these were cooked not a lot of heat came through.
I have seen a lot of low carb tortillas made with almond flour, which isn't a bad option, but these pork rind tortillas added a better flavor and a thick, soft shell that won't break apart.
These took a little fine tuning to get the batter the right consistency, but once we found the perfect mixture they sure turned out great!
Count Net Carbs Not Total Carbs
I have found that most people starting out on keto don't realize that you should be counting Net Carbs when following a Keto Diet. So when you look at the nutrition label you subtract Fiber from the Total Carbs and that equals Net Carbs.
Nutritional Information based on 14 Tortillas: 1 tortilla: 124 calories, 9 g fat, .5 Net Carb, 0 fiber, 9 g protein
Keep in mind depending on how big you make your tortillas the servings may vary.
Low Carb Tortillas
Recipe makes 14 tortillas
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounce bag of Hot n Spicy Pork Rinds
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 Tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Use a food processor to grind pork rinds up until they are the consistency of flour
- Add the baking soda, and salt to the pork rinds in the food processor. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the eggs, egg whites, oil and softened cream cheese to the pork rind mixture in the food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water to the batter and pulse again until well combined.
- Pour batter into a large measuring cup or bowl with a pouring spout.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and grease pan so the tortillas don't stick
- Once pan/griddle is prepared and hot pour your desired amount of batter for each individual tortilla.
- This batter is sticky. You will want to spread it out once it hits the pan/griddle.If the batter starts to thicken add more water and mix well. The thinner the batter the easier it is to spread into a thin pancake.
- fry tortillas about 2 minutes per side.
WANT TO BOOST YOUR KETO RESULTS?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results but, don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!