Beet Hummus Recipe
I'm not a huge beet fan, but I like it mixed into salads and other side dishes sometimes, but let me tell you this Beet Hummus is the bomb.com!
Try it and let me know how you like it!
Cook time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (approx. 1½ cups dry), peeled
- ½ lb beetroot
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp quality tahini
- 1¼ tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup juice from the drained chickpeas
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- black and white sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- extra virgin olive oil, to garnish (optional)
- Sliced cucumber for dipping (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 390° F. Wash your beetroots. Place washed beetroots in the middle of a large piece of kitchen foil, drizzle with a bit of water so that the beetroots cook in their own steam. Scrunch the edges of the foil above the beetroots to create a parcel. Bake until you can easily pierce each beetroot with a knife (about 60 min, depending on the beetroot’s size). Once the beetroots are cool enough to handle, peel the skin off.
- Place half of the peeled chickpeas in a blender or a food processor with all the tahini, roughly sliced beetroots and lemon juice. Switch the blender on and start trickling cold chickpea juice into mixture. Once the mixture becomes thick add remaining chickpeas and process some more. Finally, season the mixture with salt, cumin, garlic and extra lemon juice if you like.
- To serve, put hummus in a bowl. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped parsley on top.
Follow me on Pinterest so you don't miss new recipes
Nutritional information is provided, and I keep it as accurate as possible. Keep in mind when following a Ketogenic diet you count Net carbs, which is carbs - fibers and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. Keep in mind nutrition facts on all ingredients may vary depending on the different brands you may use.
WANT TO BOOST YOUR KETO RESULTS?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results but, don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!
Hi, I'm Megan a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, on a mission to help all women, like you, get fired up about their goals, learn the most effective workouts to burn fat, be their most confident self, and never settle for an average workout, relationship or life.
My goal is to debunk all the fitness myths and conflicting information about diet and exercise, so you can enter the gym with determination and a plan in hand to crush your goals. Whether you want to perform like an athlete, lose weight or build more muscle, I got you girl!
There is no force more powerful than a woman who's determined.