3 Reasons You're Not Getting Results in the Gym? Free Workouts [printable]
You've been showing up, but frustrated asking yourself, Why am I not getting results in the gym?
First off showing up is one of the hardest parts so high five for that✋🏼, but I totally get how much of a downer it can be on your gym motivation when your workout and diet plans aren't doing the trick, I've been there.
I have a few easy fixes that helped me slay the gym, stay focused and get the results that I'm going to share with you.
I'm going to show you:
How to get results from lifting at the gym
The best workout plan for fast results
The most efficient workout schedule for women
How to focus on yourself
The two things I can't slay the gym without 😉
1. You Gotta show Up Prepared
The worst thing is walking in and wondering around just doing a few random exercises not really having a plan.
Doing one exercise then sitting on your phone, trying to figure out what to do next is not productive and to be 💯 is the exact reason you aren't getting results.
• The most effective way to burn fat is high intensity interval exercise routines💪🏽, so you need to be lifting heavy, getting your heart rate up, and limiting rest times in between sets.
•The Only way to do that is by having a workout plan in hand, so you can walk in start your workout and keep that momentum throughout your entire workout. Leave the gym every time knowing you couldn't have pushed any harder.
The Most efficient workout Plan:
Every Sunday (or whenever your week begins if you have a different work schedule) take the time to sit down and plan out your workouts for the week.
I'm serious it WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Look up workout plans online, write them down and look up the proper form for any exercises you don't know.
I have two options that will help make this whole planning thing a lot easier for ya!😘
- I've put together a 5 Day Workout plan that you can download for free! Each workout will incorporate weight training, mixed with high intensity intervals🏋.
Yes ladies, the best workouts for the fastest results will include lifting and I promise you will not look like a man!
- Or I can help you plan your own workouts for the week. I've created a Free weekly workout planner which maps out how to design a workout plan for women, what type of exercises to do each day and how to create circuits that incorporate lifting and high intensity intervals for faster results.
2. Drown Out everyone else and focus on You
What if it's super Crowded?
Depending on the time that you go to the gym it might be super busy which throws another wrench into things😳, because the equipment you were planning to use is not available.
The best solution to this find one area like a cable machine, or corner near the free weights that you can do several exercises with the same equipment.
Here are some of my workout videos to give you some ideas:
No One Cares What Everyone Else is Doing
The Gym is also intimidating at times, especially if you're new to the gym or not super confident being there in the first place.
It's distracting to think everyone is watching you or worrying that other people will judge you, but here is what I have to say about that
3. GET PUMPED UP
- Head phones and my gangster rap pandora playlist blasting- I would seriously drive all the way home to get my headphones if I forgot them or sit in my car for 20 minutes to let my phone charge before I workout because I get my best workouts in with music to pump me up!
Figure out what music gets you fired up 🔥 Listen I'm a country girl, but durning my workouts (don't laugh) I gotta have Fetty Wap Radio on my pandora😜
- Pre-work Out- I don't take any supplements except pre-workout. unfortunately it takes some trial and error to find one you like, but don't jump in to buying one, most places will give you samples to try so you can find one you like.
Some of them I hate the way they make me feel, but once you find the perfect one its a game changer and you'll feel like super man at the gym.
If you are lacking motivation when you walk in the gym seriously try taking some pre-workout! My Favorite is Rhino revolution 2.0, it comes in a orange container and the firecracker blast is my favorite flavor! 👍🏼
Before you head in the gym blast some music in your car, take your pre-workout, look over your plan, have a clear picture of why you're there, visualize you reaching your goals and enter the gym determined AF every single time!
I hope this is helpful and I hope you have the best week of workouts ever! As always please leave a comment below or message me with any questions, I'd love to help you out!
Hi, I'm Megan a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, on a mission to help all women, like you, get fired up about their goals, learn the most effective workouts to burn fat, be their most confident self, and never settle for an average workout, relationship or life.
My goal is to debunk all the fitness myths and conflicting information about diet and exercise, so you can enter the gym with determination and a plan in hand to crush your goals. Whether you want to perform like an athlete, lose weight or build more muscle, I got you girl!
There is no force more powerful than a woman who's determined.