When you're trying to stick to a Keto meal plan, preparing a hot lunch everyday is pretty unrealistic.
I was making several recipes on Sundays and using them for meal prep, reheat-able meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was delicious, but made for a really long and exhausting Sunday.
Now, I will make one new Keto recipe and keep my other meals for the week very simple. This 3 Step chicken salad recipe is the perfect cold lunch that will fit into any Keto meal plan.
*This post contains affiliate links
Keto Friendly Ingredients
Although us Keto-ers are being told we can have Keto recipes with butter, cheese, and chicken thighs instead of just chicken breasts, it's still important to be mindful of the ingredients and the amount of saturated fats we consume on a regular basis.
I seriously can't find a mayonnaise that I'm happy with in any regular grocery stores! I recommend making your own Keto Mayo or using Trader Joes Organic Mayo. You want it to provide healthy fats, no ingredients you can't pronounce on the label, and no added sweeteners.
What to serve it with?
Ok.. let's be honest there is nothin better than chicken salad on ritz crackers, but don't get excited, we can't have those (sad, sad news).
What I typically do is either :
It's almost not even fair to consider it a recipe because it's so easy to make, I throw it together with already meal prepped chicken I have left over in the fridge when I don't feel like making anything else.
To be honest I can't even take full credit for this recipe. My mom use to make my tuna fish this way when I was a little girl and by default that's now how I make my chicken salad too.
I'm thrilled that so many people love it as much as I do and some people have even gotten creative, adding hot sauce or other ingredients to spice it up a bit, which I think is an awesome Idea.
If you make the recipe be sure to share your creation. Tag me on instagram @themermaidwithmuscles
Baked Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Makes 7 servings (111g is one serving)
What You Need
- 1.3 lbs of Chicken (about 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 7 Tablespoons of Trader Joes Organic Mayonnaise
- 2-3 Stalks Celery
- 2 -3 Table spoons Red Onion
- Garlic Powder
How To Do IT
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake chicken for about 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink
- Cut chicken into small pieces, dice celery and onion
- Combine chicken, mayo, celery and red onion and add salt pepper and garlic to taste ( I usually do 2-3 good shakes of the garlic on there. PS I love garlic)
* CORRECTION* so many people are commenting that this is not 0g Carbs, which technically they are correct. To clarify if you follow a keto diet, which counts net carbs it is less than 1 g net carbs... Total carbs = 1g, the dietary fiber in the recipe is 0.4g, so 1 - 0.4g =0 .6, which makes the net carbs 0.6g, so I guess I should have titled it "0.6 Net Carb Chicken salad"
I really starting getting results and understanding why people rave about Keto when I started tracking my macros.
I use this Keto calculator to easily find the exact amount of carbs, fat, and protein my body needs to reach and stay in ketosis! #gamechanger
Want to Boost your Keto Results?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results but, don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!