I was craving Chick-Fil-A, which led me to wondering how does Chick-Fil-A make their chicken? Of course panko and chicken tenders aren't on my Keto diet menu!
But then of course I got the great idea to make a Keto version of Chick-Fil-A's Chicken tenders recipe using some keto diet basics, almond flour and Pork Panko (Pork rinds)
If you're wanting a new keto lunch idea these low carb fried chicken tenders are delicious and the Chick-Fil-A copycat sauce (keto version of course) is a obvious must try too.
*this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of my recommendations I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you
Chicken Tender Breading
I usually only want Chick-Fil-A on Sundays, of course the only day they aren't open!😜 But maybe that's for the best because their fried chicken is far from keto approved.
The really good news is that on a Keto diet there are really great substitutes for ingredients like flour and breadcrumbs, which are the main ingredients needed to make fried foods.
If you follow a Ketogenic Diet you probably already have almond flour in your pantry and if you don’t you should! I use Now Foods Raw Almond Flour it’s 100% pure, unblanched, gluten-free, and low in carbs, making it a healthy, and tasty alternative to bleached white flour. It’s a staple ingredient in a lot of keto desserts and other recipes too.
The Secret Ingredient in Keto Fried Chicken Tenders
Now my new discovery that really made these low carb fried chicken tenders is Pork Panko, made exclusively from finely ground pork rinds.😍 Making it the perfect replacement for breadcrumbs in really any recipe.
I also used this in my Fried Shrimp Recipe that I previously posted (the link to that recipe is at the bottom of this post)!
The pork panko gave the chicken tenders a perfect crispy coating without being too crunchy or flaking off during the assembly and cooking process. If I hadn’t told you it wasn’t actually bread crumbs you would have never known!
Since the pork panko is made from pork rinds it has zero carbs 😳
You can even have 3 chicken tenders for only 1.5 Net Carbs
You Can’t have Chicken Tenders without Chick-Fil-a Sauce
I might be slightly obsessed with Chik-Fil-A sauce 🙈 lol. I use to ask for extra packets and eat it on literally everything! #truestory. So I made a Keto friendly version of Chick-Fil-A copycat sauce too.
Ketogenic Diet Macros
I have found that most people starting out on Keto don't realize that you should be counting Net Carbs when following a Keto Diet. So when you look at the nutrition label you subtract Fiber from the Total Carbs and that equals Net Carbs.
Each Chicken Tender is .5 net carbs
P.S. I didn't include the coconut oil for frying in the Macros shown below
I really starting getting results and understanding why people rave about Keto when I started tracking my macros.
If you try out this recipe be sure to tag me on instagram @themermaidwithmuscles so I can see how they turned out!
KETO FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS
recipe makes 8 Chicken Tenders
Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
WHATS YOU NEED:
- 8 Chicken Tenders
- 24oz Jar of pickles (you only need the juice)
- 3/4 cup Now Foods Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups pork panko
- coconut oil for frying
HOW TO DO IT:
- Put chicken tenders and pickle juice in a large zip lock bag and marinate for at least 1 hour (I left mine marinating over night)
- In a small bowl, mix almond flour, salt and pepper
- Create an assembly line of three bowls, one with almond flour mixture, the second with the eggs and the third with the pork panko
- Dredge the Chicken in the almond flour mixture, then in the egg and finally in the pork panko until well coated
- Fill a saute pan about 2 inches with coconut oil and put on medium high heat. If available use a thermometer and bring oil to 350 F
- Once the oil is hot place tenders in oil and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your tenders
Low Carb Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
WHATS YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbs Honey Trees Sugar Free Honey *this is sweetened with similar ingredients as splenda, I try to eat as natural as possible so I only use small amounts in recipes every now and then
- 1 tbs Organicville BBQ sauce
HOW TO DO IT:
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients, mix well
Or Try Smokey Keto BBQ Sauce
Shop for the Ingredients Used in This Recipe
Nutritional information is provided and I keep it as accurate as possible. Keep in mind nutrition facts on all ingredients may vary depending on the different brands you may use.
Want to Boost your Keto Results?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results, but don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!🏋
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!