Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea Salt- Low Carb Keto Cookies
There is only one thing better than chocolate chip cookies ...Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea salt, which are the perfect sweet and salty keto cookie recipe.
This easy recipe uses both coconut flour and almond flour, but is the first cookie recipes with no butter I've ever tried an dit didn't disappoint!
*this post contains affiliate links. I only suggest products that I have personally tried and love.
The Easiest Cookie Recipe
This is a really easy recipe, you basically mix all your wet ingredients, egg, vanialla, and melted coconut oil. Then you mix the keto approved dry ingredients, I used my usual Now Foods almond flour, now foods coconut flour and Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener. You combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chunks.
Don't Judge Me
If you know me, you know I'm a stickler for using clean, usually organic ingredients, so it might be a surprise to you that for this recipe I just used Herseys mini sugar free chocolate bars and cut them into chunks.
Honestly, making these cookies was a last minute thing. I was craving cookies and of course they had to be keto cookies, but I didn't want to drive around in search of a chocolate bar that was made with stevia or settle for a unsweetened chocolate chunk that didn't give me that sweet tooth fix!
After I had everything mixed together I was a little nervous because the "dough" seemed really dry and I wasn't to sure how if they would stay together in the cooking process, they obviously did, but you defiantly need to give them time to cool down and set once you take them out of the oven.
P.S. if you are looking to get stocked up on Keto approved ingredients check out Thrive Market You can register and browse their products with a 30 day free trial, before becoming a member to get organic ingredients much cheaper and free shipping!
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES WITH SEA SALT
Recipe makes about 18 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
WHATS YOU NEED:
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener or erythritol
- 1 cup Now Foods Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Now Foods Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flake
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz bag of Herseys sugar free chocolate bars
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
HOW TO DO IT:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg, melted and cooled coconut oil, Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener and vanilla extract
- Add in flour almond flour, coconut flour, unsweetened coconut flake and baking soda, combine and form a dough. (note* the dough does seem a bit more dry than what you are use to)
- Cut chocolate bars into chunks and fold into dough
- Use a cookie scoop or a large table spoon to drop dough onto baking sheet (I lined mine with tin foil) gently flatten the dough so its less of a ball and more of a cookie shape
- Sprinkle with course sea salt
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned
- Cookies will be very soft when you first take them out so let them cool for 5 to 10 minutes before enjoying!
Don't Miss the NEW Recipes I post each week, Follow me on Pinterest
Shop for the Ingredients Used in This Recipe
Count Net Carbs Not Total Carbs
I have found that most people starting out on keto don't realize that you should be counting Net Carbs when following a Keto Diet. So when you look at the nutrition label you subtract Fiber from the Total Carbs and that equals Net Carbs.
The Recipe makes 18 cookies, each cookie has 5.3g total Carbs, 1.7g Fiber....so 5.3 - 1.7 =3.6 Each Cookie is only 3.6g Net Carbs.
Based on the Recipe yielding 18 cookies. 1 cookie = 1 Serving
Nutritional information is provided, and I keep it as accurate as possible. Keep in mind nutrition facts on all ingredients may vary depending on the different brands you may use.
Want to Boost your Keto Results?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results, but don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!
Hi, I'm Megan a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, on a mission to help you get fired up about your goals, learn the most effective workouts to burn fat, be your most confident self, and never settle for an average workout, relationship or life.
My goal is to debunk all the fitness myths and conflicting information about diet and exercise, so you can enter the gym with determination and a plan in hand to crush your goals. Whether you want to perform like an athlete, lose weight or build more muscle, I got you!