Yup, you read that right, keto cookies! If you are on a ketogenic diet or just looking for a low carb dessert or even better, low carb cookies than you are in the right place.
Since being on a keto diet these are one of my favorite low carb cookie recipes and I'd say I'm a good judge when it comes to cookies.
I'm honestly more of a chocolate chip cookie kinda girl, but I mean who doesn't love Oreos too!?
*this post contains affiliate links. I only suggest products that I have personally tried and love.
I had to portion them out for my week and put them into separate baggies because I would eat way more than my serving of keto cookies for each day. I worked 4 cookies each day into my keto meal plan for the week and it was the "meal" I looked forward to all freakin day!
I love being able to treat myself with a Keto friendly dessert recipe every day, because sweets make me happy and my sweet tooth has been guilty of throwing me off my keto meal plan far too many times, so now that I can add them in I've got all I need in life!
My secret weapon for all my desserts is Lakanto MonkFruit Sweetener, which tastes like sugar, and is a naturally occurring sugar alcohol with zero net carbs, zero calories, and is a zero glycemic sweetener! How excited are you that this actually exists? Lakanto is Keto friendly, Paleo-friendly, Vegan, NON-GMO, and All Natural.
If you prefer truvia, swerve or stevia you can certainly use those instead, just keep in mind you may need to adjust the amount you use and the net carbs may be different.
I assume you all have heard of all the different nut flours. I use Now Foods Almond Flour , Coconut flour, and unsweetened cocoa powder, which are both gluten-free flours, a great choice for anyone on a low-carbohydrate diet or looking to bake without grains.
It's basically almonds or coconuts milled into a fine texture to create the almond or flour meal. I don't know why I said basically, cause that's exactly what it is.
Keto Mint Oreos
2 1/4 Cups Almond Flour
3 tbsp Coconut Flour
4 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
4 oz Grass Fed Butter, unsalted and softened
1tsp Vanilla Extract
4 oz Cream cheese
1 Cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Classic Sweetener or erythritol
1 tsp Peppermint Extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the Monk Fruit Classic sweetener and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract, mix well
5. Add the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined
6. Place dough between two sheets of waxed paper and roll/pressed the dough out until about 1/8 of an inch thick. Cut out as many cookies as you can with a round cutter. Repeat until you use up all the dough. Place them onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
7. Place cookie halves onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
8. Mean while, blend together cream cheese and remaining 2 tbsp of butter
9. Mix in vanilla extract and peppermint extract
10. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup monk fruit classic sweetener
11. Once cookies are cool, evenly divide the cream on top of 15 of the cookie halves.
12. Gently press another cookie half on top of all the halves with creme!
Prep time:25 mins
Cook time:12 mins
Total time:37 mins
Nutritional information is provided, and I keep it as accurate as possible. Keep in mind nutrition facts on all ingredients may vary depending on the different brands you may use.
Want to Boost your Keto Results?
When you first start a Keto Diet the change in your body, mind and appetite are Amazing! The diet alone is sure to get you results, but don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!