The Best Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Thighs
On this weekends Keto diet menu was Keto parmesan crusted chicken thighs with a little bit of low carb pizza sauce, so I guess you could even call them Keto chicken parmesan.
Since being on the Ketogenic diet we have been trying out more chicken thigh recipes since they are a fattier meat than chicken breasts.
This will defiantly be on our list of easy Keto weekly meal plan options more often.
If you have checked-out any of my other recipes you know that my newest obsession has been taking recipes that typically call for bread crumbs and turning them into Keto recipes using Pork Panko.
If you are following a Ketogenic Diet and love fried foods you should also check out:
Pork Panko is made from finely ground pork rinds and is the best replacement for panko breadcrumbs.
I use to just buy pork rinds and grind them up myself but wasn’t getting that crispy finish like I like.
I’m not sure if the company has some special process, but you can literally substitute Pork Panko directly for panko breadcrumbs in any recipe and you’ll get that flaky, crisp coating that all fried foods should have!
You should defiantly add Pork Panko to your online Keto grocery list!
Pro Tip: When you make your assembly line, one bowl with dry ingredients, one with wet ingredients and then the baking tray.
Use one hand for dipping in the wet, drop it in the dry ingredients and use your other hand to toss around and transfer to the baking sheet or else your two mixtures will get all messed up and it won’t turn out as well!
KETOGENIC DIET MACROS
I have found that most people starting out on Keto don't realize that you should be counting Net Carbs when following a Keto Diet.
So when you look at the nutrition label you subtract Fiber from the Total Carbs and that equals Net Carbs.
*This post contains affiliate links if you decide to make a purchase I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Thighs
Recipe Makes 10 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 mins
What You'll Need
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 Cup Pork Panko, breadcrumb substitute
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter, preferably Kerrygold grassfed butter
- 3 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 cloves are garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups Organicville Pizza Sauce(Lower in carbs than typical Pizza sauce options)
How To Do It
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a cookie sheet with tin foil
- Chop up the parsley and garlic first before you get your cutting board all yucky from the chicken
- Slice 5 chicken thighs in half as even as possible
- In one bowl mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
- In another bowl mis together butter, lemon juice and garlic
- Dip both sides of the chicken in the butter mixture and then in the Panko mixture until the chicken is fully coated
- Place the chicken on the cookie sheet
- bake for 20-25 minutes until a inserted thermometer reads 165F
- Meanwhile heat up some Organicsville pizza sauce in a small sauce pan
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve each piece with 2 tablespoons of low carb pizza sauce
Follow me on Pinterest so you don't miss new recipes
Nutritional information is provided and I keep it as accurate as possible. Keep in mind nutrition facts on all ingredients may vary depending on the different brands you may use. I am not a doctor and advise solely from personal experience. Please consult your doctor before adding any supplement or foods to your current diet.
WANT TO BOOST YOUR KETO RESULTS?
The diet alone is sure to get you results but, don't be afraid to dive into a workout plan 🏋and kick it up another notch to really improve your health, and give you the confidence you deserve!
I want to help you get to your after photo so I have created all of these free resources to help you get started:
Whether you are new to meal plans and exercise or have hit a plateau on your fitness journey don't hesitate to message me or comment below with any questions!
Hi, I'm Megan a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, on a mission to help you, get fired up about your goals
and debunk all the fitness myths and conflicting information about diet and exercise, so you can enter the gym with determination and a plan in hand to crush your goals.
Whether you want to perform like an athlete, lose weight or build more muscle, I got you girl!
There is no force more powerful than a woman who's determined💕